The Governing Body meet at least once every term and committees of the Governing Body also meet regularly.
The Chair of Governors, Sally Leese, can be contacted by letter or email via the school office. The Clerk to the Governing Body can also be contacted via the school office.
Alternatively the Governors are more than happy to be approached to discuss any matter that may be of concern to you regarding the school. There is always a Governor available during parents evening to express views on the school.
The role of the school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with the school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school’s aims and policies.
Governors have three main roles:
- To provide strategic direction for the school
- To act as a critical friend to the headteacher
- To ensure accountability
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school’s budget is spent
- The appointing and dismissing of staff
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school’s curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for pupils’ behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school’s aims and policies
Governors can be contacted via email to the school at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by a letter to the school.
Please mark your email or letter FAO the Chair of Governors and we will ensure that your communication is passed on. Any emails will be handled in confidence.