Support for Families - Wellbeing and Family Support
Information on food banks and who to contact for further support can be found by here.
Local places that families can access support locally can be found here:
If you find yourself or your family needing support some of the following numbers and links may be helpful.
- Urgent mental health help line: ring 0121 262 3555 for advice and support. This line is available 24 hours, 7 days a week and can be used whether you are known to the service or not
- Domestic Violence: Birmingham & Solihull Women’s Aid www.bswaid.org
Helpline: 0808 800 0028. Open 7 days a week 9.15am – 5.15pm (closed bank holidays)
- From Birmingham with Love - Help for families. Here are some of our partners’ most used services and support, which might help to make life a little bit easier https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/downloads/download/3595/from_birmingham_with_love_-_downloadable_flyer There are also translated versions available.
- Citizens Advice Bureau - 03444 77 1010 (Information Helpline) 9.30 - 16.30 Monday to Friday Ground Floor Gazette Buildings 168 Corporation Street B4 6TF
For Children and Young People
- Kooth: www.kooth.com (Online chat, resources and direct help for 10-25yr olds)
- Childline: When you call on 0800 1111 you’ll get through to a counsellor, they’re there to listen and support you with anything you’d like to talk about. Or you can have a 1-2-1 counsellor chat online www.childline.org.uk
- Pause (Mental health and emotional wellbeing support): to register and request support online via https://www.forwardthinkingbirmingham.org.uk/services/13-pause or call the registration line 0207 841 4470.